Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values, by negotiating customer agreements that deliver against annual operating plans while successfully delivering against the customer’s expectations . Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Account Executives. Will be accountable for achieving profitability and revenue in territory.
Will spend 75% selling and 25% account management. Must be proficient in selling large, multi location customers by calling on corporate headquarters and presenting to C-Level buyers.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability by negotiating contracts and winning new business.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive’s sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations.
- Assists Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, tests, and hires Account Executives based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Insures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales management.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Business to Business Management.
- Self-starter/self-motivated and strong leadership abilities and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with team members at a distance and teach and coach.
- Proficient in PC, MS Office and other essential office equipment.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations.
- Proactive account development with key decision makers and influencers.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
Please forward resume to email@example.com