Intellectual Atmosphere Of The College
- What is the student attitude towards learning? So most seem to enjoy their courses?
- Does there seem to be an active exchange of ieas outside of classrooms?
- Does there seem to be a real ‘grind’ atmosphere? Would the campus be characterized as “cut-throat” or “cooperative”?
- What are the opportunities of Independent Study, Honors Program, Co-op, Internships, Study Abroad, Exchange Program/Consortia, Independent Majors, Reasearch?
- Do you feel you would fit in intellectually?
- Does social life revolve around the capmus or do students leave on the weekend?
- What social and cultural activites are provided by campus? Influence of the Greek system?
- What facilities are provided for socializing? Is there a Student Center?
- What range of clubs and organizations are there? Are these organized predominantly traditional, exotic, artistic, issue orientated?
- Do the students seem friendly and willing to help?
- Is there a ‘typical’ student? Preppy, offbeat, nondescript, clean-cut, messy?
Does the appearance of the campus please you? Are the buildings and grounds well maintained?
What are the living arrangements for students?
- Large dorms
- House or college system
- Single rooms
- After freshman year, how are students housed? Are upper-class students guaranteed housing?
- Are there limitations on visiting hours?
- Are there ‘quiet hours’? Can you study in your room? Where do most people study? Is there adequate living space?
- Is dining centralized or decentralized? What dining options do you have?
- Weekly meal plans
- Dietary options
- Hours of service
- Quality and tastiness of food